If you are an energy drink lover then you must have come across the great name of JuJu energy drink. It was manufactured in 2018 first and since then it has gained popularity among the competing energy drinks.
If you are a person who often feels exhausted or out of energy and looking for a perfect energy booster then you must have already come across hundreds of different energy drink brands until now.
However, there are sources that claim some of the energy drinks have harmful effects on a person. So you must be confused that which brand should be your go-to brand. Maybe it is time that you should give JuJu energy brand a try.
Juju energy drink is not bad for you. Some people who are caffeine sensitive might feel some side effects. However, normally one does not feel any side effects.
But you should satisfy yourself first by taking a deeper look into the ingredients and effects of the JuJu energy drink first.
So keep scrolling and let’s get started!
Before getting into any deeper, I recommend you to check out the different nutrients present in the JuJu energy drinks.
|2||Total carbohydrates||3 gm|
|3||Vitamin C||60 mg|
|4||Vitamin D||25 mcg|
|7||Vitamin B6||10 mg|
|8||Vitamin B12||250 mcg|
|10||Himalayan Pink Salt (Chloride)||10 mg|
|11||Sodium (Himalayan Pink Salt)||5 mg|
|13||Natural caffeine from the green coffee bean||45 mg|
|15||Cordyceps Mycelium Powder Extract||100 mg|
|16||Bacopa Monniera Whole Aerial Extract||50 mg|
|18||Marigold (Tagetes erecta) flower extract (Lutemax 2020)||40 mg|
|19||Blueberry Extract Powder (Organic)||25 mg|
|20||Himalayan Pink Salt||20 mg|
|21||Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Fruit Extract (BioPerine)||5 mg|
The manufacturers of JuJu energy drinks have experimented quite a lot with the ingredients of the drink.
I have already mentioned the nutrients above. But Juju drink has some other key ingredients; it is quite pleasing to see the amazing list of key ingredients that are infused in JuJu drink. You can see for yourself and decide!
- Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate and it fulfills the quick carbohydrate need of the body. Any athlete, gamers or gym-buffs need a certain amount of carbohydrate to keep their body from feeling fatigue.
- Natural Flavors: You can get bored of consuming the same flavor of drink everyday. However, JuJu drink has solved this problem by bringing several flavors into the market. Each flavor is driven from a natural source.
- Malic Acid: Malic acid boosts up energy which results in increased physical performance and concentration. According to a study on malic acid, it can increase energy production along with reduced feeling of fatigueness.
- Citric Acid: It is added in JuJu drink as a preservative so now you can buy a whole tub and not worry about it to expire any soon!
- Tartaric Acid: It is an immunity booster which provides an extra amount of taste to the drink and it also works as a preservative.
- Calcium Silicate: It keeps the energy powder mix of JuJu in a great form by preventing any kind of lump formation.
- Sucralose: Sucralose have been used in JuJu drink instead of sucrose.
- Silicon Dioxide: Along with calcium silicate, silicon dioxide serves as an anti-caking agent.
- Food additives: The beautiful and vibrant colors of the drinks are due to the food additives such as yellow #5 FD Lake, Red #40 FD Lake, etc.
- Soy: Soy is another great ingredient which has been used in JuJu energy drink to provide you the little amount of calories needed for an instant energy boost up. So you can continue your activities such as gaming, gymming and studying in an effective manner.
Are caffeinated energy drinks bad for you?
Caffeinated drinks are not really bad if taken within a limit. Caffeine keeps a person alert by blocking adenosine in the brain which is responsible for making one feel sleepy.
So caffeine does not do anything other than increase your cognitive capability.
If you maintain the FDA’s recommendation of caffeine consumption which is below or about 400 mg, then you can avoid any side effects of caffeine.
How much caffeine does JuJu Energy drink have?
The caffeine content present in JuJu Energy drink is 180 mg in total making it one of the strongest energy drinks as other energy drinks do not really have such a strong amount of caffeine. Meanwhile, the 45 mg of caffeine is natural caffeine from green coffee beans.
However, this is just to increase the effectiveness of the drink. 180 mg of caffeine is still a safe amount of caffeine consumption.
Caffeine tolerance and JuJu Energy drink
Caffeine tolerance can occur when one consumes caffeine more than is required. Regular consumption of caffeine can reduce the effects of caffeine and a person becomes caffeine tolerant.
In simple words, if you consume caffeine regularly to such an extent that the caffeine stops affecting you, then you become caffeine tolerant.
However, when a caffeine tolerant person stops consuming the caffeine then he can face some side effects as such regular consumption of a high dosage of caffeine leads to physical or psychological dependency.
Some people might call it caffeine addiction. However, it is not a true addiction. It is an extreme caffeine dependency that affects the brain chemicals in the same way cocaine does.
But the good news is, you can consume JuJu drink on daily basis without worrying about having any apparent side effects because the caffeine content in JuJu drink is 100 to 250 mg which is under the FDA’s recommendation of caffeine dosage.
Caffeine Side Effects
If you are caffeine sensitive then you should look out for the following symptoms as consuming high dosage caffeine can lead to the following issues:
- Increased heart rate.
- Excessive dehydration.
Taurine in JuJu energy drink
There is around 500 mg of taurine in the JuJu energy drink.
Can you get addicted to taurine?
In order to answer this question, we must know what is taurine and why it is added to energy drinks.
Taurine is an amino acid that is present in animal protein. It is added to energy drinks as it regulates electrolytes and hydration in the human body. It also results in energy production.
It is not a stimulant like caffeine is. It works as a nervous system depressant which helps a person to feel relaxed.
If you heard that taurine can cause addiction but don’t know if it’s true o not, then the answer is NO. In fact, it is quite opposite. It is an anti-addicting agent which can reduce other drug effects.
Sodium is a dietary necessity in humans as it is necessary to regulate various body functions. Most importantly it is needed to regulate the water and mineral content in the human body.
However, there is a particular recommended daily intake of sodium which is around 1500 mg.
Sodium in Juju drink:
The good thing about the juju energy drink is that it contains moderate or even low salt content. This makes it easy for the drink to be absorbed across the gut lining and it provides quick hydration to the body.
What makes JuJu drink taste sweet?
As we are aware of the side effects of sucrose; sucrose or table sugar can lead to many health issues.
Sucralose does not apparently cause blood sugar levels to rise as sugar does.
The benefit of sucralose is that it tastes pretty similar to sugar. So even when there is no sugar in the drink, you can still enjoy its flavor.
Can JuJu drink cause weight gain?
No, not really. JuJu drink has only 15 calories per serving. Moreover, it contains as little as 3 g of carbs with 0 mg of sugar.
So there is no ingredient in JuJu energy drink that will make you gain weight. If you are a fitness freak and diet-conscious person, then there is no need to worry.
Effective Ingredients present in JuJu drink
- Caffeine: Caffeine present in has direct effects on mental and physical performance.
- Taurine: The 500 mg of taurine present in JuJu increases physical performance by providing mind relaxing effect.
- L-Theanine: The 50 mg of L-Theanine when combined with caffeine increases cognitive capability.
- Alpha GPC: It increases learning skill and memory by producing acetylcholine.
- Cordyceps: The 100 mg of cordycep present in Juju drink increases physical performance and endurance.
- Bacopa Monniera: This amazing active ingredient enhances the cognition.
Vitamins in JuJu for Enhanced Cognitive and Physical Function:
Juju energy drink contains many vitamins. However, the main vitamins present in JuJu energy drinks can do wonders for your cognitive and physical function.
Is JuJu energy bad?
The quick answer is a big, fat “NO”. Juju energy drink is not bad for anyone. In fact, it is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and a healthy amount of caffeine.
It works great by making the consumer alert and active and there is no other side effect of JuJu energy drink.
Considering all the ingredients and benefits above, it can be easily said that it is a good drink with many nice ingredients.
So if it is consumed in the right quantity, then it is not bad for you.
Recommended dosage of JuJu Energy mix
One serving of JuJu energy drink contains 180 mg of calories and the safe dosage of caffeine is around 400 mg. So one can consume two energy drinks a day.
Where can you Buy JuJu energy drinks?
JuJu energy drink can be bought from the official site of JuJu energy. It can also be found at other online stores.