MIXT Vs. Coffee– caffeine has been consumed for a long time now due to its amazing benefits. However, when you go into the world of fast-paced daily work routines, people want something more than regular caffeine.
This is where various drinks containing caffeine as the main ingredient along with other ingredients come into the spotlight. Coffee is one of the most popular and consumed drinks all around the world.
However, when we talk about caffeinated drinks, we cannot leave energy drinks behind, because their sole goal is to give you a boost of energy.
Since we are talking about energy drinks and coffee, let’s compare the two popular drinks, coffee, and MIXT Energy, so that you can decide for yourself to pick which ticks all the boxes of your requirements. For me, coffee is better than MIXT Energy because of the reasons I will be discussing in this article.
Let’s keep going and figure out the facts about both the drinks and check that which drink has the potential to be better.
What is MIXT?
MIXT Energy is an energy drink that has been particularly designed for mental alertness. Being a gaming drink, it increases the focus of the consumers.
It contains various micronutrients and amino acids that contribute to building mental strength.
What is Coffee?
Coffee is a drink that is made from coffee beans. First, these coffee beans are roasted and then ground.
There are different types of coffee beans, each containing different kinds of nutrients. However, coffee is rich in caffeine, but there are decaffeinated coffee drinks as well.
Coffee also contains a number of minerals and vitamins that work to increase your physical and mental capacity.
MIXT Nutrients Vs. Coffee Nutrients
The nutrition facts of the coffee vary as it depends on the brand of coffee being used and the types of beans from which your coffee is being prepared.
Thus, the nutritional value of coffee differs from each other due to these factors, and the caffeine content in each coffee type depends on the types of coffee beans. If your coffee beans are roasted in different ways, that also alters the number of nutrients present inside them.
The table below shows the nutrients of MIXT energy are written in the table below:
|NUTRIENTS||AMOUNT PER SERVING||Recommended Daily Intake|
|Caffeine||166 mg||400 mg|
|L-Taurine||830 mg||400 milligrams|
|L-Tyrosine||830 mg||150 milligrams (mg)|
|Niacin (B3)||8 mg||14 mg to 16 mg|
|Vitamin (B6)||8 mg||1.3 mg to 1.7 mg|
|Vitamin (B12)||16 mcg||2.4 mcg|
The ingredients of MIXT energy are written below:
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- Citric Acid
- Vitamin B3, B6, and Vitamin B12
- Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K)
- Natural and Artificial Flavor
As there are various types of coffees, therefore the nutrients vary. However, let’s check out the common ingredients of black coffee:
- Calories: 2.4
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 4.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Potassium: 118mg
- Magnesium: 7.2mg
- Phosphorus 7.1 mg
- Manganese 0.1 mg,
- Folate 4.7 mcg
- Choline 6.2 choline
- Caffeine 145 mg
MIXT Energy VS. Coffee: Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are organic substances that are formed during the process of photosynthesis from carbon dioxide and water.
Carbohydrates are a quick source of energy to keep you going throughout the day. However, it is not the essential or only source of energy as one can also use lipids as an energy source.
However, neither coffee nor MIXT energy contains carbs. They are free of carbs.
Benefits of Carbs
Following are a few benefits of carbohydrates:
- They serve as the main energy source.
- They are good for fueling the brain.
- Healthy carbs are good for the kidneys.
Side effects of Carbs
Consuming carbs more than needed can have following the side effects:
- It can cause you to become tired.
- Consumption of too many carbs can cause weight gain.
- You can cause an upset stomach and you might end up becoming bloated and gassy.
- Consumption of carbs can make you crave more carbs; we can term this carboholism or carb craving. As we eat carbs, our body produces insulin. Eventually, we start craving more carbs.
- Carbs can sometimes cause a sluggish brain.
|0 gm||0 gm|
MIXT Energy VS. Coffee: Sugar
Sugar is a form of carb; it is a nonnutritive carb. Being non-nutritive does not provide any apparent benefit to the consumer.
One benefit of sugar can be that it can provide you with a boost of energy being a carb. However, you can feel the benefits being followed by sudden side effects.
Fortunately, none of the drinks contain sugar.
|0 gm||0 gm|
MIXT Energy contains sucralose and acesulfame potassium, whereas coffee does not contain any artificial sweetener.
Artificial sweeteners are used in place of sugar to give a sweet flavor without any additional calories. A few popular sweeteners are Sucralose, Aspartame, Acesulfame potassium, Saccharin, and neotame.
However, even if these artificial sweeteners do not show a rise in blood sugar levels, they can cause many other side effects:
- Weight gain
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
MIXT Energy VS. Coffee: Caffeine
Caffeine is a natural substance with stimulating results on the nervous system which causes you to become more attentive and alert.
MIXT contains around 166 mg of caffeine whereas a cup of black coffee contains 145 mg of caffeine.
Benefits of caffeine:
Caffeine can display the following benefits:
- Caffeine raises your alarm to make you all alert and peppy.
- It has the potential to improve concentration.
- Caffeine may be beneficial to an individual’s learning ability.
- In addition, caffeine can positively affect memory.
- It is associated with a reduction in depression.
Side Effects of the Caffeine:
Caffeine can have the following side effects:
- Jitters and crashes.
- Fast heart rate.
- Chest pain.
MIXT Energy VS. Coffee: Vitamins, Minerals, and Amino Acids
Vitamins and minerals are micronutrients whereas amino acids are classified as macromolecules as proteins are polymers of these amino acids.
They are all highly important for humans because they are involved in several functions of the body.
These vitamins, amino acids, and minerals have the following benefits:
- They help to fight several infections by strengthening the immune system.
- They are responsible to regulate hormones in the body.
- The presence of vitamins and minerals that act as antioxidants can reduce oxidative stress due to which fatigue can be eradicated along with many other diseases.
- Many vitamins such as Vitamin B6 and B12 are likely to give you a good amount of energy.
- Minerals are electrolytes and they can rehydrate you.
|Vitamin B3||Vitamin B9|
|Vitamin B6||Vitamin B2|
|Vitamin B12||Vitamin B3|
|–||Choline (Not an amino acid, but derived from it)|
For more details, you can read Mixt Energy Nutrition Facts.
Benefits of MIXT
There are certain nutrients in MIXT energy which can maximize the benefits of this drink:
Following are the benefits of MIXT Energy:
- MIXT Energy contains amino acids and vitamins that can help you by supplying enough energy.
- It contains a moderate amount of caffeine, which can cause you to become alert and active.
- It can also make you physically active.
Benefits of Coffee
Following are the benefit of consuming coffee:
- Coffee can encourage your body to give a better physical performance.
- If you want to lose weight, then coffee can promote weight loss if you drink it without adding any additional carbs such as sugar, as a result, you can burn fat.
- Coffee assists you to concentrate and remain alert.
- It might be surprising, but coffee can decrease the danger of cancerous diseases.
- Coffee might also aid in reducing the dangers of cardiovascular diseases.
Are energy drinks worse than coffee?
Coffee and energy drinks are often compared because of their energy-boosting properties most energy drinks contain caffeine along with some other ingredients in order to boost your energy with that perfect blend.
As long as an energy drink doesn’t contain a hefty amount of calories, it is safe to say that an energy drink is not bad as compared to coffee. But if you compare a sugary energy drink with a cup of black coffee then the coffee is surely a better choice.
MIXT Energy VS. Coffee: Which Is Bad For You?
I believe, that energy drinks are worse for you when compared to coffee. Even though both the drinks contain caffeine, yet, coffee contains natural ingredients.
Whereas many energy drinks contain artificial ingredients which can be harmful to you.
MIXT energy does not contain many ingredients, but it contains artificial sweeteners, which are not really good for health in the long term.
You can limit the amount of MIXT energy to avoid negative side effects. However, still, consumption of something natural is better than consuming artificial products and food items.
So, in my opinion, coffee is better than MIXT energy as it will not have adverse effects like anything artificial.
Is one energy drink a day okay?
Energy drinks contain a significant amount of caffeine and one should not exceed the recommended amount of caffeine in a day.
The recommended amount of caffeine is 400 mg. So if your energy drink is not exceeding the recommended amount then it’s totally safe to consume it every day.
Is MIXT Better than Coffee?
After considering all the factors, it is safe to say that coffee is comparatively better than MIXT Energy.
MIXT Energy is an artificial drink and coffee is a natural drink that is easily available. Coffee is also quite pocket friendly as compared to MIXT energy.
One tub (60 servings) of MIXT can cost you around 30$ and one jar of coffee costs a lot lesser.
MIXT Energy is an energy drink, whereas Coffee is a brewed drink from coffee beans.
MIXT Energy contains artificial ingredients and Coffee is all-natural depending on the brand.
Coffee is natural so it has benefits over MIXT Energy. However, this might be a subjective opinion, you can still choose your favorite drink.