By reading the nutrition label of Glitch Energy, you can easily see that it contains nutrients such as vitamins, caffeine, taurine, and various amino acids.
Glitch is a sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and vegan-friendly drink that is claimed to be flavored and colored naturally. We should look at the nutrition facts of this beverage to find out if or not they’re nutritious enough.
Let’s get to it!
What is Glitch Energy?
Glitch Energy Drink is an energy drink that contains multiple vitamins and amino acids that assists you in various physical activities.
The presence of 150 mg of caffeine is sufficient enough to provide you with a good energy boost, along with antioxidants that work towards reducing oxidative stress.
Nutrition Facts of Glitch Energy
I have drawn this table to show the nutrients found in Glitch Energy along with their recommended intake.
|Nutrients||Glitch Energy||Recommended Daily Intake|
|Calories||5||2000 to 2500 calories|
|Carbohydrates||1 g||225 and 325 gms|
|Vitamin B12||450 mcg||2.4 mcg|
|Vitamin C||90 mcg||50 to 90 mg|
|Vitamin D||25 mcg||400 mcg|
|Vitamin E||80 mg||15 mg|
|Caffeine||150 mg||400 mg|
What is in the Glitch Energy Drink?
The formula of Glitch Energy Drink contains quite basic but effective ingredients. The ingredients of Glitch Energy Drink are mentioned on its packet.
- Green Tea Leaf Extracts
- Natural Caffeine
- Methylliberine as Dynamine
- Grape Seed Extracts
Glitch Energy Calories
Every human needs a specific amount of caffeine for different daily tasks. If you do not consume enough calories then you are likely to experience body weakness and long-term problems such as infertility, anemia, poor dental health, bone loss, and decreased thyroid function.
Glitch Energy contains only 5 calories per serving!
The daily recommended amount of calories varies from person to person; an average amount of required calories is around 2000 to 2400.
Carbohydrates in Glitch Energy
Glitch Energy is almost carb-free!
Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for human beings. However, there are also other sources such as lipids and proteins.
However, simple carbohydrates are the quickest source of energy for you; as they have a simpler form and structure, so they can be easily absorbed by the body to provide energy.
Benefits of Carbohydrates
Following are the benefits of consuming carbs:
- Carbs provide energy for different daily tasks.
- Carbohydrates may lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
- If you consume whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, which contain carbs, then you can maintain a healthy weight as it is a part of a balanced diet.
- Carbs that contain fiber, keep you full for longer as they raise the glucose levels slower as compared to other food types.
Side Effects of Carbohydrates
Following are the side effects of consuming carbs:
- Carbs can cause fatigue.
- You have to be careful when choosing the carbs in your diet; if you eat unhealthy carbs then you are a risk of gaining weight.
- Consumption of carbs can make you gassy.
- When you consume carbs, you start craving more of them.
- It can also cause a sluggish brain.
- If you are already acne-prone, then carb is likely to increase your acne problem.
Vitamins in Glitch Energy
Vitamins are necessary for the healthy development of the human body. These are the vitamins present in Glitch Energy Drink.
|Vitamin C||reduces fatigue and oxidative stress|
|Vitamin D||boost immune function|
|Vitamin E||protect cells against free radicals|
|Vitamin B12||supports bone health|
Minerals in Glitch Energy
There are no minerals in Glitch Energy Drink. However, it contains vitamin D which regulates the functions of various minerals and helps in the absorption of phosphorus and calcium.
Sugar in Glitch Energy
Sugar or sucrose is a non-nutritive sweetener that is consumed by many of us almost daily. Sugar, as a carbohydrate, provides a quick energy boost. However, the side effects of sugar outweigh its benefits.
Following are the side effects of consuming sugar:
- Sugar can lead to diabetes.
- It can make you obese.
- Sugar can cause sluggishness.
- Sugar is also linked to various heart diseases.
- It can also interrupt cholesterol levels.
- Sugar is not really good for cognitive health as it has been found to be linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eating sugar makes you crave more sugary food.
Caffeine in Glitch Energy
Caffeine is a mild stimulant of the nervous system. If you drink caffeine in excess, then it can have adverse effects.
The limit of caffeine that has been suggested by the FDA is around 400 mg. However, Glitch Energy contains only 150 mg of caffeine.
Benefits of Caffeine
Following are a few benefits of consuming caffeine:
- Caffeine indirectly enhances memory by suppressing adenosine and enhancing norepinephrine production.
- Caffeine also boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss.
- Caffeine boosts alertness by blocking adenosine receptors.
- Caffeine use has been associated with higher brain activity and physical strength.
- It helps to relieve depression symptoms.
- It relieves tiredness.
Side Effects of Caffeine
These are the side effects of caffeine:
- Caffeine-sensitive people may experience uneasiness and anxiety as a result.
- Lightheadedness, vomiting, and nausea are all possible side effects.
- You may notice that your heartbeat is beating quicker than normal.
- It has the potential to irritate you.
- Caffeine interferes with your sleep cycle.
- Caffeine, in general, can cause increased urination.
Glitch Energy is sugar-free but it uses the sweeteners sucralose and acesulfame potassium which are both FDA approved.
Benefits of Artificial Sugar
These are the benefits of artificial sweeteners.
- It has low to no calories, unlike sucrose.
- It does not raise blood sugar levels.
- By consuming artificial sweeteners, you can get equally sweetened food without the harmful side effects.
Side Effects of Artificial Sweeteners
These are the side effects of artificial sweeteners:
- weight gain
Benefits of Dynamine
Dynamine has the following benefits:
- It increases energy.
- It also boosts cognition.
- It also causes weight loss as it increases the fat-burning process.
Side Effects of Dynamine
Dynamine has the following side effects:
- It has the potential to disrupt your sleep cycle.
- It might also cause dizziness and nausea as adverse effects.
- The horrible effects of dynamine include increased heart rate, high blood pressure, and a few other cardiovascular diseases
Due to these side effects, dynamine has been banned in some countries, including Australia.
Is the Glitch Energy Drink Safe?
Glitch energy contains many vitamins and other amino acids. However, the addition of Dynamine, which is a banned ingredient in few countries.
I think the addition of Dynamine makes this drink quite controversial. However, I would recommend you tread lightly in case you decided to try this beverage.
Pros of Glitch Energy
Due to the presence of various vitamins and other ingredients, the following are the benefits of Glitch Energy:
- It boosts energy.
- It helps in keeping your mind focused.
- Glitch Energy can also help to improve your memory.
- It can enhance your physical activity.
Cons of Glitch Energy
Due to the presence of caffeine, the following side effects can be observed by consuming Glitch Energy:
- It can cause nausea and headaches.
- The presence of caffeine can disturb your sleep routine.
- Caffeine-sensitive people might experience stomach cramps.
Does Glitch Energy Cause Weight Gain?
An average human typically needs 2000 to 2400 calories, depending upon the activity level and other factors. If you exceed your calorie requirement and do not burn it, then you are likely to gain weight.
However, it is noteworthy that the Glitch Energy Drink contains only 5 calories per serving which shouldn’t be an issue.
So, a short answer to this query is NO! Glitch Energy does not cause weight gain if you drink it within a limit.
Glitch energy is a good drink containing different vitamins, which work positively towards boosting energy and focus.
Moreover, it is sugar-free and contains artificial sweeteners, which makes it good for diabetics.
Glitch Energy contains a low amount of calories, so it does not lead you to gain weight.
It is a safe drink, however, it contains dynamine, which is a banned ingredient. Other than that there are no side effects of Glitch Energy.
You should try it now!